Brave catches the attention of passers-by and drivers with its unique design, exciting genuine emotions. In such a situation, the owner of the extraordinary trailer will be immensely proud of being seen as a veteran of the most challenging cycling treks. The splendid image of the new Extrawheel trailer is also due to a complete technological transformation of the model, which now provides even more possibilities.
The compact frame made of thin-walled steel tubes ensures maximum rigidity and is suitable for carrying even large, heavy loads. It also provides safety at the ends of the world - in the event of damage, even the local locksmith in the smallest desert village can weld it back. In the new version of Extrawheel, we accept no compromises. This is why Brave has an unusually important and unique feature. For the first time in the history of world bicycle trekking, a full sized front or back wheel can be fitted in the trailer, serving as a vital spare while travelling. The frame has a designer mudguard fitted, which not only makes the trailer look better, but also effectively protects baggage against spraying gravel and sand. The aesthetic whole is complemented by a durable warning flag with the Extrawheel logo.
Another new feature of the frame structure are the replaceable abrasive hinges on the drawbar for fastening the fork connecting the trailer to the bike. In the event of accidental mechanical damage far from civilisation, you can be replace these quickly by yourself. Brave is designed as standard to fit two 50 litre transport bags created specially for it. Due to this high capacity, there are three KlickFix joints on the reinforced back of the bag, which fit the technical clamps on the frame. The bags are made of cordura with glued stitches, ensuring durability and watertightness They are available in two versions. The first (Drifter), shuts in the traditional way by rolling the excess material three times, while the second (Drifter Zipp) is shut with a Tizip brand lock, which is completely waterproof and sandproof (as used in diving suits).
The technical clamps on the frame of the trailer are also useful for carrying disorganised loads that could easily be attached to the frame with ordinary straps.
The Brave bicycle trailer is offered with a decent quality front wheel as standard. You can buy it without a wheel, though, and it is no problem to fit your own front or back wheel.
The frame has been redesigned to greatly increase its firmness, significantly improving the traction and balance of the trailer when in motion. And if that is not enough good news, we have also changed the fork connecting the Extrawheel to the bicycle. It is more massive and rigid, it prevents vibrations and perfectly maintains the trajectory, keeping a single, consistent track with the bicycle. The idea behind Extrawheel, the world’s only off road trailer, is: “wherever a bike can go, Extrawheel can go too”. We supply a stainless steel quick release device as part of the set, but you can alternatively order screws, also made of stainless steel. The trailer is prepared to attach a rear wheel with a 135 mm hub as standard . The set also includes spacer sleeves for fitting a front wheel.
It is possible to maintain the highest quality standard because the production processes on CNC machines have been automated, ensuring complete repeatability of the parameters assumed for each element. Manufactured in Poland.
- Opvallend ontwerp.
- Een zeer stijf frame voor een uitstekende wegligging en maximaal 100 Liter aan bagage kan vervoeren.
- Reserve wiel functie - er past zowel een voor als achterwiel in.
- De trailer is standaard voorbereid op een achterwiel met een 135 mm-naaf. De set bevat afstandshulzen voor montage van een voorwiel.
- Design spatboard.
- Warning flag with the Extrawheel logo
- Spare hinges on the drawbar
- The set includes two 2x50 litre waterproof Cordura bags
- A new, more rigid Fastening Fork
- Includes a quick release Standard
- Nuts for full axis and Thru Axle axis available in separately purchase
- A good quality front wheel as standard (available without a wheel)
- This is the only bicycle trailer on the market adapted to off road cycling
- Its small size makes it easy to transport (especially by plane)
- It can carry up to 35 kg
- Suitable for every type of bicycle (recumbent, racing bikes, MTB, tandems and with full suspension)
- Less strain on the bike than with traditional panniers
- Increases safety by attracting drivers’ attention
- Improves stability by lowering the centre of gravity
- On steep inclines, it holds the bike’s front wheel to the ground better
- Increases the lifetime of the bicycle’s rear wheel (less encumbrance than a bicycle with panniers)
- Reduces resistance when riding on sand compared to a bicycle with panniers (third wheel)
- Makes mounting and dismounting easier; the heels do not catch on the panniers while riding
- Fast assembly - fits onto the bicycle instantly
- Manoeuvrability - its short length makes manoeuvring and turning easier
- Front wheel as standard 26x2,1": Shimano axle, rim capsolute Ryde, 32 spokes Sapim Leader stainless steel, Schwalbe tube, Schwalbe Smart Sam tire
- The Brave frame is fit wheels up to 29x2.6"
- Material: Thin-walled steel, stainless steel, plastic, cordura
- The set includes spacer sleeves for a front wheel
- Length of trailer: 85cm
- Length of trailer with fork: 128 cm
- Weight of frame with mudguard: 2,5kg
- Weight of wheel: 2kg
- Weight of fork: 1,2kg
- Weight of quick release device: 120g
- Weight of Drifter bags 100L: 3,4kg
- Length of Extrawheel flag: 70cm
- Made in Poland
- Reliability - 5 year warranty!